Monday 3 September 2012

Made Good Progress

I missed last Sunday's post... no excuse... I was distracted with other things.

At least I made good progress with my writing, both my book and my site. And I also did a lot of reading.

Just to try and make things a little clearer, I thought I'd refer to my book by number... so the book I've been talking about up to now is Book #1 (this will be until I reveal the title, anyway).

Book #1.  I worked on Chapter 3, and my target is to get it finished by the end of this week. I managed to finalize Chapter 2, and will be sending to my "testers" to be checked for completeness. After I just have 2 chapters to finalize.

I also managed to make notes of things to add to Chapter 1, and want to try and wrap that up next week.

I updated my FAQ page... www.pub-my-book.com/publishing-faqs.html - if you have any questions that aren't answered there, please let me know below, and I'll get the answers added to my FAQ page.

I started working on the outline of Book #2... I tend to find it boring to work on only one book in the early stages. I seem to do the writing on one book, and the outlining on another - keeps the old grey matter alive. But, I do get to a point where I focus on just one, and get it wrapped up. This is probably something I picked up in the many years of technical writing, where it's very unusual to work on only one manual/document at a time.

Oh, and I started having a look at Scrivener, the writing software. Looks good so far. www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php

That's a wrap for this week.

I wish you the best of success.
Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment